- Embassy of India in Beijing has been receiving queries from prospective Indian students and their parents with respect to studying MBBS in China and colleges in China which are authorized to impart MBBS courses to foreign students.
- In this regard, Embassy of India would like to inform that Ministry of Education of China had recently issued an official communication wherein they have shared the list of 45 Universities in China that are authorised to give admission to foreign students (including Indian students) to undertake MBBS degree course (in English language) in China for the year 2019
- Prospective students are advised to note carefully that only these 45 Chinese Universities are authorised to admit international students for an MBBS degree in English. They may also note the warning in the notification that teaching of MBBS courses under a bilingual (English/Chinese) model is strictly forbidden.
- More details of the same can also be obtained from the website of MOE, People’s Republic of China in the following weblink: http://moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A20/moe_850?201901/t2019124_368005.html
- The translation of the details in the weblink is as follows: The Announcement of General Office of the Ministry of Education on University list and enrollment plan for International MBBS undergraduates (English Teaching)for the school year 2019-2020 No.  3. Department of Education (Education Committee) of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government and Bureau of Education of Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps: In accordance with the spirit of Notice No. 39 of the Ministry of Education on the Interim Regulations on Quality Control Standards for International MBBS Undergraduates (2007), and in order to guarantee the quality of training for Overseas MBBS Undergraduates, our department will continue to manage university number and enrollment plan in the academic year of 2019-2020. The relevant requirements are now notified as follows:
- In the academic year 2018-2019, our department will continue to entrust 45 MBBS universities to recruit MBBS students. Based on the results of special survey in March 2018 and routine work inspection, colleges and universities that fail to strictly implement the enrollment plan will have fewer enrollment quota. The enrollment situation of each university will be continuously tracked.
- Universities not included in the list must not recruit international MBBS(Teaching in English)undergraduates and can only recruit international MBBS undergraduates (teaching in Chinese ). The training standard can’t be lower than Chinese local students. “Bilingual model” are strictly forbidden to be used for students recruitment.
- In accordance with the spirit of the Notice and the requirements of the Standard for the Quality of Higher Education for Overseas Students (Trial Implementation) promulgated in October 2018, the competent educational departments in the localities of colleges and universities, experts will be organized to conduct follow-up research according to the situation and continue to dynamically adjust the next year's enrollment plan according to the investigation. For colleges and universities that seriously violate the spirit of the Notice, they will be restricted or suspended in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Regulations on Admission and Training of International Students in Schools (Decree No. 42 of the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Public Security).
|S. No.||Name of University||Number of international Students|
|1||Jilin University||62 （school year 2018-2019 was 100, 38 fewer)|
|2||Chinese Medical University||100|
|3||Dalian Medical University||100)|
|4||Capital Medical University||100|
|5||Tianjin Medical University||100|
|6||Shandong University||78 （school year 2018-2019 100, 22 fewer)|
|8||Xinjiang Medical University||100|
|9||Nanjing Medical University||100|
|11||Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou Medical University (Overseas Schools)||100, 50|
|14||Huazhong University of Science and Technology||100|
|15||Xi'an Jiaotong University||100|
|16||Southern Medical University||100|
|18||Guangxi Medical University||100|
|20||Chongqing Medical University||100|
|21||Harbin Medical University||60|
|23||Jinzhou Medical University||60|
|25||Hebei Medical University||60|
|26||Ningxia Medical University||60|
|34||Fujian Medical University||60|
|35||Anhui Medical University||60|
|36||Xuzhou Medical College||60|
|37||Three Gorges University||20|
|39||Guangzhou Medical University||60|
|40||Sun Yat-sen University||60|
|41||Shantou University||20 (school year 2018-2019 was 60, 40 fewer)|
|42||Kunming Medical University||60|
|43||North Sichuan Medical College||40|
|44||Southwest Medical University||60|